New Leader Support
Designed to support the induction of leaders, we lead workshops that gather data to assist in the development of a targeted entry plan that will guide the principal’s work for the year.
How we do it:
This Change of Principal Workshop focuses on acquainting the new principal with the strengths of the school. We do this by:
- Collecting confidential, individual beliefs about the strengths, issues and challenges of the school.
- Meeting with the entire staff to identify areas and initiatives at the school that are going well, those that need minor adjusting and those that are a challenge and need major adjustment.
- Facilitating a conversation with the Instructional Leadership Team (teachers, staff and administration) to review and summarize the findings of the individual survey and group meetings.
- Planning and facilitating an initial meeting with the Instructional Leadership Team and the new principal to inform him/her of the staff findings.
- Supporting the new principal in the development of an action plan that aligns to the findings.