District Leadership Development
Schools get better when they have the support of district leadership. We help district leadership shift their efforts from “compliance” to becoming a “system of support”.
How we do it:
Like school leaders, district leaders need access to job-embedded professional development and technical assistance. Our team of expert practitioners, all of whom have a strong track record in district transformation, provide professional development and technical assistance that help the district change the way “business is done”. With a focus on becoming a “system of support” our professional development helps systems realign their work in support of the main thing – students. We do this by:
- Providing facilitation and support in helping district leaders establish a theory of action (promise to the stakeholders served).
- Realign departments to focus on one common goal – improving teaching and learning opportunities for all students.
- Building a district-level leadership team that uses a variety of data to make decisions.
- Teaching a protocol for school visits that help districts create a plan of support based on their findings.
- Unpacking and clearly defining the role that each department plays in supporting teaching and learning across the system.