District Leadership Development
Is your district compliance driven or service driven? Would you agree that central offices should be helping to serve the leaders, educators and students of their schools? Of course! Why then, do we often find districts that are demanding difficult mandates, lacking coherence and actually making the lives of educators more difficult?
We’re here to help your district get organized and focused from the top-down with our new District Leadership Development service. Schools get better when they have the support of district leadership. We help leadership shift their efforts from “compliance” to becoming a “system of support”.
Here’s how we do it:
Like school leaders, district leaders need access to job-embedded professional development and technical assistance. Our team of expert practitioners, all of whom have a strong track record in district transformation, provide professional development and technical assistance that help the district change the way “business is done”. With a focus on becoming a “system of support” our professional development helps systems realign their work in support of the main thing – students. We do this by:
· Providing facilitation and support in helping district leaders establish a theory of action (promise to the stakeholders served).
· Realign departments to focus on one common goal – improving teaching and learning opportunities for all students.
· Building a district-level leadership team that uses a variety of data to make decisions.
· Teaching a protocol for school visits that help districts create a plan of support based on their findings.
· Unpacking and clearly defining the role that each department plays in supporting teaching and learning across the system.